2 Day Hands-on course of continuing education for dental implants (CE)is for Intermediate - Advanced Level dentists
16 CE credits
Upon successful completion of the Advanced Surgical Procedures course participants will be able to:
1. Identify the indicators for bone grafting.
2. Develop a dental implant treatment plan.
3. Perform intra-oral bone harvesting procedure.
4. Differentiate and utilize various bone graft materials.
5. Execute a sinus lift procedure.
Day 1: Lectures(9 am 5:30 pm)
- Dental bone graft principles and techniques
- Indications for bone grafting procedures
- Bone biology and graft healing
- Anatomical considerations for dental implant placement and dental bone grafting procedures
- Patient evaluation and treatment planning
- Instrumentation to assist in the bone grafting procedures
- Discuss bone grafting and barrier materials
- Demonstration of sinus lifting procedure
- Soft tissue procedures to develop graft sites
- Potential complications during dental implant placement, bone grafting procedures and treatment
- Discussion of other advanced bone augmentation techniques
Day 2: Lectures, Hands-on Exercises, and Live Surgery on Select Sessions
(9 am 5:30 pm)
- Overview of the sinus lifting procedure and considerations
- Hands-on exercises including:
- Clinical protocols for soft tissue management for implant placement and grafting procedures
- Bone harvesting
- Clinical protocols for sinus lifting procedure
- Implant placement