What are implants dental ?!
Or dental implants ?! You've heard about them and maybe you're even considering them as the solution for your dental problems, but actually.....you're not really sure what they are!
- implants dental / dental implants are artificial tooth root replacements made of titanium and shaped like a screw.
This titanium screw is produced in a very slow and well monitored process and requires state of the art technology, which results in a very expensive "high techie" looking screw.
Dental implants are made of titanium because (as discovered by
in 1952) titanium " Osseointegrates " with the bone which means - it biologically bonds to the bone. In the image on the left you can see how bone grew around the dental implant and bonded to it!!!
The use of implants dental has become more common as procedures have gotten easier and success rates have grown higher with the years. Here are some of the reasons people choose dental implants:
- Comfort - a dental implant is such a good tooth replacement, that you don't even remember it's not real.
- Improved hygiene - Individual implants allow easier access between teeth, enabling everyday normal dental care, and in that way improve oral hygiene.
- Aesthetics - tooth implants look and feel good - dentists can achieve results that look exactly like natural teeth.
- Improved oral health - since treatment with dental implants involves placing implants in areas where there are no teeth and does not affect your other healthy teeth, more of your own teeth are left intact, improving your long-term oral health. Additionally, by placing implants in areas with no teeth, you stimulate the bone area again and prevent long term bone loss in that area. (When a tooth is lost, the bone is not stimulated and begins to shrink away).
- Durability - dental implants offer a permanent solution to teeth loss. They bond to the jaw bone and become part of it. The completed implant is as strong and durable as a natural tooth.
These are good reasons why you should consider implants dental and there are more of them. If you're trying to decide between dental implants or building a bridge - click here to see the comparison between:
bridge vs dental implants
Many people who have lost all of their teeth (edentulous), either on the upper jaw, lower jaw or both are now using Dental implants to retain their dentures -->
Dental implant dentures
Now that you know a little-bit more about dental implants and understand their advantages, you realize that it's the best alternative
today for replacing lost teeth. But it's not a cheap one!! Some people prefer to use the cheaper implant solution
the mini dental implants
. what are implants dental? We hope we've answered that question!
Now we suggest you go to the dental implant procedure page so you can get an idea of what to expect when you go for your dental implants.
Search This Website-