Left tooth shifted and covered the gap up

by brendan

I was looking for your advice...(thanks)

I had my right front tooth knocked out in an accident about 7-8 years ago, which I never got fixed. I tried wearing a denture but couldn't get used of it! Over the years the gap on my front teeth has gotten smaller as the front left tooth shifted and covered the gap up - I was wondering what kind of treatment could I get done at this point?
Any help would be brilliant and thank you for your time.

Comments for Left tooth shifted and covered the gap up

Click here to add your own comments

Tooth Shifting
by: Sharon B., RDH

Hi Brendan,

It's very normal for teeth to shift in an attempt to compensate for the loss of their partner, and make gaps smaller. As you know this affects the way your entire mouth bites together.

The best treatment would be to work jointly with an orthodontist and an implant specialist. First determine whether or not you are a candidiate for a dental implant. Second, have the orthodontist place braces on your teeth to move them back, and open the space up. This make take a year or two. Then have your implant specialist place a dental implant in the area of the missing tooth.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to General Dental Health Q And A.

Where Now ?? - Check out our most popular topics :

Ball & Bar attachments Implant abutments Dental implant Procedures related pictures

Search This Website-


Subscribe To Our Newsletter




Don't worry - your e-mail address
is totally secure.